Edo Guber: Commissioner Of Police Debunks Alleged Ties To Wike

E

Enioluwa Adeniyi

IMG-20240916-WA0017-768x512-1-300x200.jpg

The Commissioner of Police in Edo State, Nemi Iwo, has firmly rejected allegations linking his recent deployment to alleged influence from the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) Minister, Nyesom Wike.​

In a statement issued on Monday, the State Police Public Relations Officer, Moses Yamu, conveyed Iwo’s dismissal of the claims as “baseless” and “mischievous.”

Iwo described the suggestion that his deployment was influenced by Wike as laughable, emphasizing that his assignment was merely a routine administrative procedure within the Police Force.

He stated, “It’s laughable to suggest that the deployment was influenced by the FCT Minister. I don’t have any personal or professional ties with him.

“I do not have any personal or professional ties with the FCT Minister,”
Iwo stated, adding that while associating with Wike might be a point of pride, their paths have never crossed in any capacity.

He added, “The CP is not an electoral umpire as such, I cannot determine the outcome of an election as more senior officers, including two DIGs, AIGs, CPs and other senior officers have been deployed to supervise the conduct of Edo election.

“Moreso, the innovations adopted by the INEC does not accrue any powers or privileges to the Police to influence the outcome of any election.

“On this note, the command condemns this mischievous news and wish to urge the good people of Edo State to disregard the unfounded story.”

The Commissioner urged the public to disregard the unfounded allegations and reassured them of the command’s commitment to neutrality and professionalism throughout the election period.

The post Edo Guber: Commissioner Of Police Debunks Alleged Ties To Wike appeared first on Naija News.

Back