NPFL Updates: Chibueze Leaves Enyimba, Nasarawa United Coach Faults Referee, Others

E

Ernest Victor

NPFL-300x193.jpg

Nigerian midfielder Izuogu Chibueze has secured a move to Moldovan side CSF Spartanii on a season-long loan from NPFL side Enyimba.

Chibueze’s transfer was officially announced by Enyimba on their X page earlier today, September 16.

The club conveyed their best wishes to the player and emphasized the valuable experience he will gain in the Moldovan National Division during the 2024/2025 campaign.

Chibueze’s impressive performance during the 2023-2024 season with Enyimba, where he scored a goal, is believed to have contributed to his opportunity to join CSF Spartanii.

Enyimba Coach Confident Of Stopping Etoile Filante

Enyimba’s head coach, Olanrewaju Yemi, is focused on guiding the team to a victory in their upcoming match against Etoile Filante of Burkina Faso.

The Aba giants, who managed a 0-0 draw in the first leg of their CAF Confederation Cup second preliminary round contest, are preparing to host their opponents at the Godswill Akpabio International Stadium in Uyo on Sunday, September 22.

Ahead of the game, Olanrewaju emphasized the importance of continuing to work hard and stay focused, acknowledging that the upcoming match will be a crucial test for the team.

He also praised the tactical discipline displayed by his players in the previous match, which effectively nullified the attacking threats posed by Etoile Filante de Ouagadougou.

Dimeji Lawal Is Confident In Shooting Stars

Shooting Stars General Manager Dimeji Lawal expressed confidence in the team’s ability to deliver improved performances in the future.

Following a hard-fought 1-1 draw against Plateau United in Ibadan, Lawal assured the club’s supporters that they can expect to see a stronger and more competitive team as the season progresses.

He also conveyed gratitude to the fans for their unwavering support, acknowledging their significant presence at the stadium during the match against Plateau United.

Kabiru Dogo Faults Officials

Nasarawa United head coach, Kabiru Dogo, raised concerns about the performance of match officials during the team’s recent goalless draw against Niger Tornadoes.

Dogo said his team’s goal was wrongfully disallowed by the referee, expressing disappointment with the outcome.

“Congratulations to both teams, at least we shared the points, even though right inside me, I won the game,” Dogo told Nasarawa United Media.

“However, we take it in good faith. Only the referee can explain why he canceled that goal. He was closer to the ball than me, so, he has the final decision in this circumstance.

“Generally, both sides played good football this evening.

“I have a promising side. I believe so much in them, and with time, we will do better.”

The post NPFL Updates: Chibueze Leaves Enyimba, Nasarawa United Coach Faults Referee, Others appeared first on Naija News.

Back