Several Residents Injured As Armed Robbers Storm Uyo Community

R

Rachel Okporu Fadoju

BREAKING: Four US Embassy Officials Shot Dead In Anambra

No fewer than 15 armed robbers reportedly invaded Okung Estate in Ifa Atai Etoi village, Uyo Local Government Area, Akwa Ibom State, leaving several residents injured in an early morning attack on Monday.​

Naija News learnt that the armed robbers attacked residents from house to house, leaving several injured with gunshot and machete wounds.

Among the victims was a woman identified as Bassey, who suffered a gunshot injury, and a night guard, Victor, who received machete cuts on his head.

In an interview with Vanguard, residents of the area said the robbers made away with valuables such as laptops, cash, mobile phones, and iPads.

The Chairman of the Landlords Association, Nsima Andy, confirmed the incident, noting it had been reported to the Shelter Afrique Police Station.

He said, “From what we’ve gathered, the robbers had been in the community since midnight. I only became aware around 1:30 a.m. after a fellow landlord informed me. They had already entered seven houses, stealing cash and valuables. The police have been informed, and an officer has inspected the scene.”

One of the victims, who spoke anonymously over fear of reprisal, said the gang of 15 armed, unmasked men stormed his home at 1:59 a.m., operating for 45 minutes.

“They broke in through the window before my wife could even open the door. We placed all the money we had on the table, but when they demanded more and I said there wasn’t any, they shot my wife in the leg. We’re lucky to be alive.”

Police Public Relations Officer, ASP Timfon John, confirmed that patrols in the area had been increased, with more officers deployed to identify black spots.

He urged residents to report any suspicious activity to assist the police in maintaining safety.

The post Several Residents Injured As Armed Robbers Storm Uyo Community appeared first on Naija News.

Back